[tex-live] TeX install on single-layer DVD

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Sep 17 19:39:40 CEST 2009

Norbert Preining wrote:

> Yesm but he wants to duplicate the DVDs, and that means generating
> an ISO image.

The second part does not necessarily follow from the former;
there are many ways of duplicating a DVD that do not require
an ISO image.

So providing an ISO image is the very same as the first step
> of duplicating. So if we provide a .iso then that is fine.

But it doesn't address Gianluca's problem, which is that after duplication
he wants to end up with a single-layer DVD from which a non-
computer-savvy student can install TeX Live on "any reasonable
platform".

** Phil.