[tex-live] update-tlmgr-latest.sh inconsistency

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 11 23:58:11 CEST 2009

    Mac OS X 10.5.8, TL 2009 pretest.  After running update-tlmgr-latest.sh, I
    have tlmgr 15199, but tlmgr update --list reports texlive.infra with version
    15214 is available, and that the package manager still needs update.

    So it appears to me that update-tlmgr-latest.sh wasn't regenerated,

update-tlmgr-latest wasn't regenerated because the cron job detected a
consistency failure.  That part is correct.  The problem is that the
tlnet files were updated when they shouldn't have been.  Working on it ...

Maybe we'll get it right one day, but don't hold your breath :(.

I think your strategy for TLU of using update-tlmgr-latest.sh is fine.

Best,
Karl