[tex-live] New version of ifplatform

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:20:01 CEST 2009

Hi Ken,

On 09/09/2009, at 11:22 PM, Ken Brown wrote:

> I tried it in cygwin-1.7 (under Windows XP):

> $ uname -s
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1
>
> $ latex -shell-escape ifplatform.dtx
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009)
> \write18 enabled.
> [...]
> ! Missing $ inserted.
> <inserted text>
>                $
> <to be read again>
>                   _
> \unknownplatform ->CYGWIN_
>                          NT-5.1
> l.157 ...cumentation was compiled on \platformname
>                                                  .
> ?
>
> Let me know if you need further information in order to debug this.

Ah, yes, sorry about that :)
The documentation has a line "This documentation was compiled on
\platformname" which blows up if the \platform name is "CYGWIN_NT-5.1".

[As you have now noticed in a parallel reply :)]

However, unless the package is faulty (which may well be the case!) I
wouldn't expect this to happen -- I thought that "Windows" would still
be correctly detected even with Cygwin. Would you mind sending me the
complete console output (or log file) for the compilation?

Also (or perhaps instead), what does Philip's minimal example give you?:

\documentclass {minimal}
\usepackage {ifplatform}
\begin {document}
\platformname
\end {document}

(Would have helped for me to include that in the package download, I
suppose...)

Many thanks,
Will