[tex-live] Misplaced context files

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Sep 4 16:51:27 CEST 2009

On Fr, 04 Sep 2009, T T wrote:
> http://geoffmclane.com/unix/tar-01.htm
>
> Static build (checked with dependency walker, links *only* against
> kernel32.dll), version 1.21.05, no errors with our long path archive
> :)
>
> Could somebody knowledgable please check if this build is good for us.

Looks very promising. There is full source including the changes made
for Win32, nice nice.

Unfortunately ... it fails ...

When installing with this tar unpacking context.tar does not succeed with
the following errors:
	....\tar.exe: texmf-dist/context/data/texfont: Cannot utime: Permission denied
and of that sort for each and every directory within context.tar.

So it seems that something went wrong, either in the way the context.tar
was created, or in the way it is unpackage.

Mind that it already fails on context.tar, NOT context.doc.tar!!!

Anyone having an idea what that might be?

Best wishes

Norbert