[tex-live] Misplaced context files

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Sep 4 15:08:29 CEST 2009

T T a écrit :
> I wouldn't even know where to start with this. But if Akira can patch
> even the version we have now (as he said in another message), that
> should be good enough I think.

I think so.

>> There has to be some usable tar for Windows!
>
> I failed to find one so far :(

No time to investigate it right now, but MikTeX is using some tar, since there
is .tar.bz2 and .tar.lzma packages in MikTeX, and probably has the same need for
long file path+names as us. However, they don't need compatibility with bsd-tar,
so maybe their tar is usgin another format.

Manuel.