[tex-live] AC error: you can not use system libraries for a native TeX Live build

Dr. Werner Fink werner at suse.de
Thu Sep 3 17:12:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

this is the message if I try to use the system libraries provided
by a normal openSuSE system.  How can I use system libraries as
otherwise the binaries would not use the shared system libraries
but the static version from the TeXLive 2009 source tree.

Please remember that such static versions break any security
update provided simply by a changed shared library but enforce
to update both the shared library *and* TeXLive which is not
what will be accepted by the QA team here.

Currently I use

        --with-system-ncurses
        --with-system-zlib
        --with-system-pnglib
        --with-system-libpng
        --with-system-t1lib
        --with-system-gd
        --with-system-freetype
        --with-system-zziplib
        --with-freetype-include=/usr/include/freetype
        --with-system-freetype2
        --with-freetype2-include=/usr/include/freetype2

with latest source tree (2009-06-18 as noted by the ChangeLog)
for TeXLive 2009.

       Werner