[tex-live] comment/bug report?

Robert Diaz RDiaz at fullcoll.edu
Wed Sep 2 21:05:49 CEST 2009

Greetings,

I recently installed mactex 2009. I am running snow leopard. I was able to compile a document with pstricks and it seemed to work nicely. I have a few things to report:

1. I received an error when going from dvi->ps->pdf (this happened in mactex 2008 as well). Here's the message:

Process Started

/usr/local/bin/ps2pdfwr: line 45: exec: gs: not found

Process exited with error(s)

2. I need to know the proper mirror to run the tlmgr.

3a. Is it still necessary to run the disaster recovery script?

3b. I get this error when calling:

macintosh:~ robertdiaz$ sudo tlmgr gui
Password:

Cannot load Tk, thus the GUI cannot be started!
The Perl/Tk module is not shipped with the TeX Live installation.
You have to install it to get tlmgr GUI running. See
http://tug.org/texlive/distro.html for more details.

macintosh:~ robertdiaz$

If I can get some feedback, that would be great.

Thank all of you for your hard work.

Best regards,

Robert Diaz
Assistant Professor of Mathematics