[tex-live] Misplaced context files

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Sep 2 03:16:23 CEST 2009

Hi Karl,

> I temporarily put a copy of the tar file that fails at
> http://tug.org/~karl/longname.tar.xz
> For example, it contains entries like this:
>  len name
>  --- ----
>  111 texmf-dist/doc/context/manuals/reference/en/texmf/fonts/tfm/test/test/texnansi-raw-demofont-capitalized-750.tfm
>  109 texmf-dist/doc/context/manuals/reference/en/texmf/fonts/tfm/test/test/texnansi-raw-demofont-extended-1500.tfm

There was a similar problem in TL '08 for pgf files, and
I think that problem was solved.
By remaking longname.tar.xz by using "tar.exe", all files including
long named ones are correctly extracted.
Are you using a file format newer than that in TL '08?
Please try a format as old as possible, that tar.exe understands,
or search for a new tar.

Best regards,
Akira Kakuto