[tex-live] Problems with installation of TeX Live 2008

Jaroslav Havrda havrj4am at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Oct 21 11:04:43 CEST 2009

Dear sirs,
  I woud like to ask help with installation of TeX Live 2008 on a Windows
notebook. The installation program seems to finish without probles but a try
to compile a file fails with an error message complaining about missing fiels
fmtutil.cfg (which exists in a folder installdir\texmf\web2c) and latex.fmt
(which is really missing). Setting environment variables TEXMFCNF,
TEXMFCONFIG and TEXINPUTS did not seem to help. Do you have ny clue what to
do? Finally I would like to apologize gor the previous duplicate mail in
czech language.

Jaroslav Havrda