[tex-live] TeX-live updates on Solaris10?

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 00:21:16 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Yury G. Kudryashov
<urkud.urkud at gmail.com> wrote:

> В сообщении от 17 октября 2009 00:12:32 автор Michael E. Thomadakis написал:
>> Hi reinhard,
>>
>> | "tlmgr update --self --all" when TL-2009 is released.  It's what I'm
>
>> let me ask to verify something maybe obvious. Will this update my TL2008 to
>> the 2009Beta or will it use a new path ? When the 'production' TL2009 comes
>> out, can I use the same command to update the beta to the production
>>  TL2009?
> This command will update your TL2009-beta to TL2009. You may read about
> installing TL2009-beta here: http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html .
> TL2009 can be installed together with TL2008 since it installs files into
> 2009/ instead of 2008/.

and the utilities should use a ~/.texlive2009 or similar for the generated
files, so you just have to change PATH to switch back and forth.

I think some packages that were in TL2008 were determined to be
non-free and have been removed from TL2009, so if you rely on such
a package you may have to install manually.

> --
> Yury G. Kudryashov,
> mailto: urkud.urkud at gmail.com

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia