[tex-live] t1unmac

Harald Koenig koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Oct 13 17:52:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

using opensuse 11.1, I'm trying to convert some Mac T1 fonts to "PC PFB"s
with "t1unmac" from TeXlive (either 2009 or 2008).  both versions fail with

    harald A > t1unmac  ._CorpoABol.scr
    t1unmac: ._CorpoABol.scr: not a Type 1 font (no POST resources)

    harald A > t1unmac -r  ._CorpoABol.scr
    t1unmac: ._CorpoABol.scr: not a Type 1 font (no POST resources)

while a "real" Mac's font tool claims that this indeed is a Type1 font
(I can show a screen shot).

using some M$ Win shareware tool I can convert the *.scr files
to *.pfb, so the files themself can't be broken.

any idea what might go wrong, or how to debug, or which other unix tool
I might use to convert those fonts ?

thanks,

Harald
--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\