[tex-live] TL 2009 not installing URW Garamond ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Oct 12 14:14:36 CEST 2009

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> the actual licence (just below of the box) is "nocommercial".  this is
> quite enough to prevent tex live from using it.

OK, so I go the the Artifex URL cited in the licence conditions,
and I read
>      The following methods of distribution involving payment shall not in and of themselves be a violation of this restriction:

[snipped]

> (ii)
>     Distributing the Program on removable computer-readable media, provided that the files containing the Program are reproduced entirely and verbatim on such media, that all information on such media be redistributable for non-commercial purposes without charge, and that such media are distributed by themselves (except for accompanying documentation) independent of any other product or service. Examples of such media include CD-ROM, magnetic tape, and optical storage media. (This is not intended to be an exhaustive list.) An example of a distribution that does not fall under this section is a CD-ROM included in a book or magazine. (This is not an exhaustive enumeration.)

So, it is permitted to distribute the files in their entirety
on a CD (or DVD) even if a charge is made for that CD/DVD,
provided only that "all information on such media be redistributable
for non-commercial purposes without charge".  So I cannot see what
the problem is.

** Phil.