[tex-live] TL 2009 not installing URW Garamond ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Oct 12 11:43:31 CEST 2009

I notice that after completing the installation of
TL 2009, re-compiling the Porphyrogenitus lexicon
fails because of missing URW Garamond (URW Garamond
was added locally after the installation of TL 2008).

I also notice that this has been reported elsewhere [1].

Is this an oversight, and if so, could it please
be corrected ?

** Phil.
--------
[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1187237

Jaunty: texlive not installing URW-Garamond correctly?
I'm trying to get mathdesign with the URW-Garamond font
installed on Jaunty with texlive. If I remember, on Ibex,
it was sufficient to install texlive-fonts-extra and
things would be sorted, and indeed when searching for
Garamond with apt-cache search texlive-fonts-extra is
returned.

Having installed texlive-fonts-extra, and trying to
compile my document with

	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
	\usepackage[urw-garamond]{mathdesign}

in the preamble, all the fonts appear corrupted. pdfLaTeX complains in the output that:

pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file ugmm8a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file ugmr8a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file ugmri8a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

So, what's going on, and how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!