[tex-live] Sources for cygwin1.dll etc.?

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Mon Oct 12 00:08:45 CEST 2009

Hi Karl!
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:25:31 -0500, karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     There are some general purpose libraries like cygwin1.dll in the
>     repository. What about their sources?
>
> I believe all of them are GPLv2-or-later, with the exception of
> poppler,

cygwin1.dll seems to be under GPLv2 also,
http://cygwin.com/licensing.html reads:

  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) as
  published by the Free Software Foundation version 2 of the License.

> for which I committed the source a few days ago. Therefore I am
> taking advantage of the clause in GPLv3 which allows specifying
> network locations instead of including all the actual sources for
> all those massive libraries.

I fear that even one library under GPLv2 brings all the program under
GPLv2 so full sources must be present.

Alexander Cherepanov