[tex-live] German characters stopped PDF generating

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Sun Oct 11 18:55:04 CEST 2009

"SW" == Steven Woody writes:

 SW> Thanks for the hint.  Now I changed INPUT_ENCODING/OUTPUT_ENCODING to
 SW> ISO-8859-1, then I get another error:

 SW> ! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:Â not set up for use
 SW> with LaTeX.

your LaTeX file still has \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}, it
seems. otherwise you shouldn't see messages "Unicode char ...".

you should send us the LaTeX source file (preferably minimal) which
exhibits the problem, not just the error message.

(and, texlive at tug.org is not the best place to report such errors - they
should better be directed e.g. to texhax at tug.org).

Best,
v.