[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Oct 9 20:40:13 CEST 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
>>> Did you actually try? If so, what went wrong?
>> What went wrong is the point of this thread.
>
> Not precisely.

Just to be clear: I'm not trying to say that TL installation procedure is
perfect. I'm just saying that in this thread I see only *one* problem: rsync is
not an adequate solution for getting a local copy of tlnet on windows (except
maybe on FAT32 volumes).

One a adequate method is found to create this local copy, using the local copy
should not be a problem (and there is not need to use a local http server). So
my question was: did you ever have any problem with installing from a local dsk
copy *other* than those coming from rsync mirroring?