[tex-live] [XeTeX] fontmap warnings (on TexLive 2009)

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:51:46 CEST 2009

On 10/9/2009 9:22 AM, Steven Woody wrote:
> Yes, after reset the permissions, the windows installer starts up!
> And, I am wondering that if the problem I encountered with cygwin
> version of TL'2009 also has something to do with the permissions?

I don't think so.  The latest log file that you posted still showed
errors suggesting a corrupt pdftex.map file.  My guess is that you
didn't delete all the corrupt files from your first installation before
reinstalling.

Karl,

Maybe the installation instructions should give the user some advice
about what to do if their installation becomes corrupt and they have to
reinstall.  Here are two things that come to mind:

1. If your installation becomes corrupt and you decide to reinstall, be
sure to completely remove your old installation first.  For example:

 > rm -rf /usr/local/texlive/2009
 > rm -rf ~/.texlive2009

2. If you have an unreliable network connection, you probably shouldn't
try to install the full scheme right away.  You can always get it later
by running 'tlmgr install scheme-full'.

Ken