[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Oct 9 14:24:15 CEST 2009

George N. White III a écrit :
> MiKTeX 2.8 can use a mirror on a disk, but does not support installs
> from ad-hoc URL's.  TL seems to reverse this.   I think this reflects
> the differences in the two development platforms more than any
> fundamental limitation, and there are likely ways to work around the
> issues.

??? I regularly install from a local mirror without using my local http server,
and already did so on windows too. From install-tl --help

      -repository url|path
           Specify the package repository to be used as the source of the
           installation, either a local directory via "/path/to/directory" or
           a "file:/" url, or a network location via a "http://" or "ftp://"
           url.  (No other protocols are supported.)
      [...]

Did you actually try? If so, what went wrong?

Manuel.