[tex-live] Text too small in documentation

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Oct 9 13:36:40 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 01:43:10PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:

>>    This is a rather minor issue, but the text in
>>    file:///usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/doc/texlive/texlive-en/texlive-en.html
>>    is in places utterly unreadably small on a MacBook Pro,
>> particularly
>>    in Figures 1, 4, 5, and so on.
>>
>> Thanks for the report.  I've never liked those figures.  They're
>> pretty
>> unreadable for me too.  But there's not much that can be done about
>> it.
>> Just have to enlarge them, or ignore them.

OK. As I said, this is a minor issue.

However suggestions about using command-+, or setting a minimum font
size in the browser are not very efficient - they require n users to
fix the problem, rather than one developer.

Something in the tex source this file is generated from is calling for
an 8 point font, looking at the generated html. Can that just be
omitted from the relevant tex source, so we at least get 10 point?

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com