[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 9 11:45:06 CEST 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > By the way, Phil, could you actually try this method (choosing
scheme-minimal if
 > you want to avoid hours of download for testing)? Just to confirm
that the
 > problem on your machine is actually related to rsync, and not to
something in
 > your system?

By all means, Manuel.  At the moment I am just re-doing the
Rsync -avz method, with an empty mirror, to see if that
improves matters; once that is complete, I will try a
minimal network install.

 >> 2) Although there are lots of Windows users, most of them are likely to
 >> use MiKTeX if they want a TeX system.
 >
 > I don't quite agree. I mean, you're right that most of them do, but
we spent
 > quite a lot of time trying to get windows support right, it would be
a pity to
 > say that people should just use MiKTeX after all these efforts.

I agree (as you can imagine !).

** Phil.