[tex-live] TeXLive2009: Issue with bibtex+babelbib

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 01:20:15 CEST 2009

(Sent from my phone.)

On 09/10/2009, at 2:32, "Maxwell, Adam R" <adam.maxwell at pnl.gov> wrote:

> No idea what the OP's problem is, but this message is specific to
> BibDesk.
> Local file links are now stored as a combination of absolute/
> relative path
> and Mac OS alias, and arbitrary URLs are no longer stored in the URL
> field
> by default, since they're often not part of the actual citation.

I wondered about this recently when some DOIs were removed from a bib
file because of this (no big deal, just playing around).

I like to always include an URL or a DOI into a citation if possible;
it would seem strange to me not to want to (barring extreme reasons of
space, which become less relevant year after year).

Sorry to go off-topic :-)