[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:55:50 CEST 2009

2009/10/7 Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk>:
> T T wrote:
>> Unless you use Windoze Exploder to do the copy, that is ;-)
>>

> well, better ideas for copying files in M$?

Exploder will choke on large number of files (and full TL is
gigantic). On Vista use robocopy otherwise xcopy, both are command
line tools and much more efficient than exploder.

> We distribute SAS to our students as two large ZIP file, and ran into an
> unpatched Vista, that was not updated, thus hitting the bug that vista could
> not handle files larger than 1Gb through windows explorer.

You could use multivolume self-extracting archive in that case. Or
just tell people to update their systems.

Cheers,

Tomek