[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Oct 7 13:08:55 CEST 2009

Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> please stay on list, thanks.

Not sure what this means : have I transgressed
(unintentionally gone off-list) or am I simply
being urged to continue in beta-testing ?

> On Mi, 07 Okt 2009, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>>> Can't load 'H:\TeX\Live\2009\Mirror\tlpkg\tlperl\lib/auto/Win32/API/API.dll' for
>>>  module Win32::API: load_file:Access is denied at H:\TeX\Live\2009\Mirror\tlpkg\
>>> tlperl\lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
>
> No idea, what OS (Vista? Windows 7?)? If it is one of those please get
> the manifest file, it is in fact needed.

Windows XP Professional, 32-bit, Service Pack 3.

> I cannot say more than that I have no idea what is going on here.
>
> I only know that I am testing that whole bunch on WinXP and Win7
> and it simply works, but I didn't rsync the sources, nor did I remove
> the .manifest file (which was a long story but without it you will get
> more serious problems!)

Well, I've never needed a .manifest file before.  Are you
/sure/ these are needed for XP ?  As far as I can see, they
are needed for Vista (spit, retch, puke), but just cause
insurmountable problems in XP ...

** Phil.