[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Oct 6 17:49:33 CEST 2009

> So, if anyone has been waiting to test until things are getting close to
> final ... now would be a good time to give it a shot.  Information about
> trying the pretest is at http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html.
>
> Karl

One small comment

do not do this

mkdir TL09-test
cd TL09-test
wget http://ftp.klid.dk/ftp/texlive/tlnet/install-tl-unx.tar.gz
tar zxvf install-tl-unx.tar.gz
cd install-tl
./install-tl -location http://ftp.klid.dk/ftp/texlive/tlnet/

and then ask it to install in TL09-test (in my case
/home/testuser/TL09-test), aka the dir where we just created install-tl

because then when the texlive-scripts gets installed tar complains:

  tar: install-tl: Cannot open: File exists
untar: untarring /home/testuser/TL09-test/temp/texlive-scripts.tar
failed (in /home/testuser/TL09-test)
untarring /home/testuser/TL09-test/temp/texlive-scripts.tar failed,
stopping install.
Installation failed.

Will try a better installation test tomorrow.

BTW: at the start of the installation I get a lot of these:

  Unknown category Documentation for package AroBend found.
  Please update texlive.infra.
  Unknown category Documentation for package FAQ-en found.
  Please update texlive.infra.
  Unknown category Documentation for package MemoirChapStyles found.
  Please update texlive.infra.
  Unknown category Documentation for package Type1fonts found.
  Please update texlive.infra.

is this normal?

--

/daleif