[tex-live] testing infrastructure updates

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 01:11:31 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> As with last year, we have a small repository named tlcritical for
> testing updates to tlmgr itself.  It's updated nightly from the current
> sources.
>
> We'd like to move the accumulated fixes from tlcritical to the main
> tlnet soon, perhaps with tomorrow's (Nov 27) build.  So if anyone is
> willing to be a guinea pig and try out the code, we'd appreciate it.
> See the commands at http://tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html#testversions for
> how to get it.

MacOX PPC runs ok:
sudo tlmgr --repository=ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlcritical update --self

tlmgr: package repository ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlcritical
[1/1, ??:??/??:??] update: texlive.infra [266k] (15923 -> 16157) ... done
tlmgr: package log updated at /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log
running mktexlsr ...
done running mktexlsr.

after this I tested update --all --dry-run from  tlcritical and
"normal" repositories (nothing available as I updated last night),
show, list,   nothing unusual

Victor