[tex-live] texi2dvi missing

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Nov 26 01:17:22 CET 2009

Hi Robin,

> indeed, i think it creates more questions.  do we now expect tl to start
> dropping things that debian doesn't like, to make life easier for
> debian?

How do you come to that conclusion. Others answered.

> i work hard on cataloguing people's licences, but only because it seems
> to be useful.  if it's to be used to clamp down, maybe i should leave it
> the debian people to do all this work?  i certainly wouldn't like to
> make other people's petulant attitude to licences easier to maintain.

Please Robin, you know that I have two hats but I tried that decisions
for TL never have been influenced by my Debian hat. I made loads of
changes which do not help Debian at all, and I myself hat to work
around these problems on the Debian side, but I still consider these
changes important for TL as is.

It is unfair to say that we (TL hat on) are preferring, evangelizing,
following, whatevering Debian.

And I have often enough state my POV regarding the licence issues in
Debian (to repeat it, although there are the archives: I find it stupid that
things with GFDL, but also other things like documents with commericial
fonts (fontinstallationguide eg) have to be excluded, but I see that
Debian as a big distributor has to follow different rules and I accept them
when I wear my Debian hat).

Ok, I hope that point is closed, and also I hope that you know well how much
we appreciate your work on the Catalogue and CTAN.

Thanks

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining at jaist.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining at logic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining at debian.org
KITMURVY (n.)
Man who owns all the latest sporting gadgetry and clothing (gold
trolley, tee cosies, ventilated shoes, Gary Player- autographed
tracksuit top, American navy cap, mirror sunglasses) but is still only
on his second gold lesson.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff