[tex-live] TL vs CTAN

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 13:21:52 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Robin Fairbairns
<Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>> While links are labelled "hyperref.dtx" etc? In fact they lead to
>> hyperref.pdf. I am talking about tds on CTAN
>
> i don't understand the question or the following sentence.  or indeed
> the statement about tds.

I am talking about manual.pdf, hyperref.pdf etc which contain
hyperlinks to other pdf files in hyperref/doc. These links are
labelled as hyperref.dtx etc while corresponding dtx files reside in
the source subdirectory.

And I specifically mentioned tds versions rather those in
/pub/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/hyperref as in the former all
pdf files live in the same (root) directory (exactly as in TL) and in
the latter some of them live in root directory and some in doc
subdirectory so some relative links between them are broken

> in short, i don't think i can answer.

Well, I think that only Heiko can