[tex-live] tlmgr blacklist packages

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 19:22:48 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Robin Fairbairns
<Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>> which the of course breaks peoples old documents

Or documents sent by other people. Sure subfig supersedes subfigure
but one needs not only to replace \usepackage{subfigure} by
\usepackage{subfig} but also \subfigure by \subfloat. There could be
other quirks. I see no harm to keep an old package unused

> if leo only ever processes his own, that's fine.
>
> wouldn't do for me, but then my position is probably every bit as
> atypical as yours.

Our sysadmins are scared of a couple of my esteemed colleagues who if
their 20y.o. document is not compiles will make everybody's life
miserable only to discover that it was they who made "minor
improvement" to it

> robin

Victor