[tex-live] Interference with Embarcadero C++Builder?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Nov 7 01:58:31 CET 2009

On 6 November 2009 Philip TAYLOR wrote:

 > Possibly related : who changes the slash direction
 > within the path ?  I am reasonably confident that
 > my path used to contain only back-slashes; now
 > I see (after looking at Jörn 's screenshot) that
 > mine too now contains forward slashes as well as
 > back.  Is this the work of TL 2009 as well ?

The MS-DOG API supported forward- and back-slashes from the beginning,
maybe in order to be compatible with Xenix somehow.

As far as I understand, you can use forward slashes on MS-DOG/Widows
unless the command-line interpreter is involved.  In cmd.exe, forward
slashes have a special meaning:  You can write

  copy/b

without a space in front of the slash.

Regards,
  Reinhard