[tex-live] windows testing

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 00:08:00 CET 2009

2009/11/1 Uwe Siart <usenet at siart.de>:
> karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) writes:
>
>> FYI, we pushed out another pretest build last night. All the
>> meaningful changes are on Windows. So Windows users, if you could test
>> it, that would be very good.
>
> textdoc stopped working. At any call I get:
>
> ,----
> | e:\user\siart>texdoc microtype
> | Der Befehl "c:\PROGRA~1\texlive\2009\bin\win32\Tkpsewhich.exe" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
> | konnte nicht gefunden werden.
> | tl-w32-wrapper.cmd: no appropriate script or program found: "texdoc"
> `----
>
> Indeed Tkpsewhich.exe is not there in /bin/win32.
>
> It looks as if a spurious "T" gets appended to "kpsewhich.exe".

Does the problem also occur for dviout & texworks?

It is our batch wrapper that is at fault. Although, the wrapper itself
is kosher, there seems to be a bug in cmd.exe when doing short name
expansion:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.msdos.batch.nt/msg/32a14ae26b10e5cf?hl=en

I committed a fix for it:

http://tug.org/svn/texlive?view=rev&revision=15928