[tex-live] Install font in Mandriva 2009.1

Bob Plantz plantz at cds1.net
Fri May 29 01:55:02 CEST 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009 16:31:35 Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> Maybe you can simply remove Mandriva's TeX Live and install it from
> http://texlive.org .  Then everything is under your control.
>
> Regards,
>   Reinhard

Thanks again for your very kind help, Reinhard. I will consider that option.

This has also caused me to reconsider my use of LuxiMono. It is used in an
assembly language book that I have written. I need a mono spaced font that has
bold so I can highlight the keywords. One of the problems with LuxiMono is
that one and lower-case el, and the zero and upper-case oh, look very similar.
This is more of a problem with assembly language than other languages.
LuxiMono is suggested in The LaTeX Companion, but that book is five years old
now. Although I tend not to like slashed zeros, it does improve readability in
assembly language.

Back to the drawing board. (I never really left it.)

Bob