[tex-live] [XeTeX] Conflits in gsfonts packge and tex-live distro

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 19 23:42:29 CEST 2009

Hi Pander,

    1) Names of pfb files are not identical between gsfonts(-x11) and
    texlive. According to the version numbers inside he fonts, texlive is
    lagging behind with version 1.05, where gsfonts is at 1.06. Can texlive
    be upgraded and rename its files?

Please say exactly what files you are talking about, or even better, put
the actual files on the web somewhere and send me a url (not a Ubuntu
package, I can't do anything with that; I mean the actual files).  I
don't have or want Ubuntu, let alone the same precise versions as you
do.

At a guess, we're talking about the PFB's that come with Ghostscript.
If that's the case, I see no prospect of renaming them in TeX Live.

    2) gsfonts comes with a defoma hint file, which refers to gsfont pfb
    file names, texlive does not ship with a defoma hint file. Can texlive
    also be shipped with its own defome hint files?

I've never heard of a "defoma hint file".  What is it, where does it
come from, and does it have anything to do with TeX?