[tex-live] tlmgr updates

vivrii at gmail.com vivrii at gmail.com
Tue May 19 03:58:22 CEST 2009

On May 19, 2009 4:10am, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:
> Karl Berry a écrit :

> > It was created on April 28 by Manuel, so it makes sense that you see it.

> > I don't know what will happen with it.

> It will contain packages like luamplib, luainputenc and luatextra, for
> starters.

> I didn't include them at once since there has been packaging issues (now
> soved).

> As Victor mentionned, it is not clear how tlmgr updates would have
> handled a new

> collection: now it's for TL'09, so no worries.

It is actually clear about TL2008: it will not see them unless the owner
installs first collection-luatex and the owner needs to be notified.

When TL2009 comes out will TL2008 be updated by running 'matching' tlmgr?
So far it looks at

http://ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 (or at mirrors)

One can guess that new tlmgr will look at

http://ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2009

Will be they the same?

Victor