[tex-live] Xetex examples

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Tue May 12 22:58:32 CEST 2009

On 5/12/2009 4:52 PM, George N. White III wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Ken Brown <kbrow1i at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does TL2008 come with any examples of xetex or xelatex files that can be
>> typeset using only the fonts supplied by texlive?  I'm curious to try out
>> xetex, which I've never used before, but almost every example I try gives me
>> errors about fonts that are not installed.

[...]
> The whole point of xetex is to use "system" fonts, but you should be able
> to do "xelatex sample2e" and get Computer Modern fonts.

I guess I didn't phrase my question clearly.  I'd like to try out xetex
to see what it can do (and to see examples of how to do it).  Running
xelatex sample2e doesn't help.

Texlive ships a lot of opentype and truetype fonts.  I was hoping to see
examples that don't rely on "system fonts" that don't happen to be
installed on my system.

Ken