[tex-live] replacing ae with lm

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 11 15:02:30 CEST 2009

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> I'm not deeply conversant with the AE fonts, but I recall that we had a
> general plan of replacing them with LM via fontmap entries.  Is this
> feasible?  Is LM a truly compatible replacement for them?

i'm not "deeply conversant" with ae, either, but i used to use them
regularly.

i doubt there will be any usability issues in replacing them with lm.
there might be problems from several minute changes of glyph shape (from
cm, that is): none of these can i actually see, but i'm assured they're
there, and i would be surprised if no-one will ever cry foul.