[tex-live] install-tl with network location, but without sneaky updates?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Mar 25 16:21:06 CET 2009

Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
>> Using a NFS/SMB mount seems like a workaround.
>
> world wide?  not something i would want to be involved in (ctan shut
> down all nfs access an age ago, having analysed the feeble security
> available).

Fwiw, sshfs (on some unices) provides an secure alternative, very easy to set
up, but unfortunately slower.

Manuel.

PS: anyway, I think the best advice given here is to install somewhere with all
the architectures needed, then just zip (or tar or whatever) the installation on
the server, make the zip available, and have the clients unzip it. This way,
clients download only what they need. And they obviously get all the very same
install.