[tex-live] install-tl with network location, but without sneaky updates?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:21:32 CET 2009

2009/3/25 Marc Herbert <Marc.Herbert at gmail.com>:
> Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
>>
>> so you _don't_ want to use the dvds, but rather a reduced subset?
>
> Who is actually using the entirety of the software on the DVD?

I do. As an editor of a TeX journal I _must_ be able to process
whatever document I receive from authors. As a developer I must be
able to create what users need and they need solutions based upon
certain packages etc. As a consultant I must be able to test any
package the customers wish and give advices. As a typographer I must
be able to typeset anything in any language. Thus I basically need
everything. I have not used ConTeXt so far but it may be a question of
time. If a customer asks me for help with ConTeXt, I will have to
learn it quickly.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/