[tex-live] splitindex, koma-script and so on

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Mar 19 01:00:31 CET 2009

    the latest iteration
    specified lppl 1.3b and didn't give the option of "any later version".

Oh.  I totally missed that.  So my reference to 6.d.2 was off the mark.
Never mind.

Daniel, I have no clue if his extra condition is redundant with lppl1.2b
or not, and no interest in researching it.  Regardless, in principle, it
is always a bad idea to state extra conditions/requirements.  If you can
get Markus to remove it, that would help.

    1.3c is noticeably different from 1.3b, and the changes were needed
    to get it accepted as a free licence.

1.3b- were accepted as free licenses by rms (as I know you know, Robin),
just very grudgingly.

And since TL follows rms rather than debian-legal (I don't know if they
ever explicitly accepted or rejected 1.3b-), I think we can accept it.
And it can be marked other-free in the Catalogue.

Ok?

karl