[tex-live] splitindex, koma-script and so on

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 19 00:49:10 CET 2009

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     1) Me and maybe other users volunteer to do the upload of Markus
>     packages to CTAN in the way the CTAN admins require.
>
> Sounds good.  I expect the best way from their point of view is to use
> one of the standard CTAN upload forms.

sure.  however, a standard, uncluttered, statement of licence would
enable us to get the licence statement right.  the latest iteration
specified lppl 1.3b and didn't give the option of "any later version".
1.3c is noticeably different from 1.3b, and the changes were needed to
get it accepted as a free licence.

one might guess that someone who doesn't use the recommended wording,
also wants to wriggle out of some licence conditions.

and as for the clutter...

>     It would be good to know who is the one that uploads koma-script to
>     CTAN in order to avoid double work.
>
> I am under the impression it is now automatically mirrored, as a special
> exception to the usual procedure.  One of the others will correct me if
> I'm wrong about this, I'm sure.

you're wrong (the system isn't anywhere we can [easily] mirror it, i
believe).  however, i don't believe we're at liberty to reveal who it is
does the job.

robin