[tex-live] include directory and aux directory

Peter Meier peter.meier998 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:50:31 CET 2009

Hi,

I use Miktex on a windows machine and are now moving to texlive on a linux
platform.
As I use -include-directory and -aux-directory, I wonder if there are
similar options in texlive.

-include-directory uses the given directory as additional tex input
directory. What's imported for me is
that it is only used for this run of tex.

-aux-directory places all the created aux-files into a given folder, like
TEMP, and
uses the files from there for its run. This is used to keep the source
directory clean from
all the created files, except the actual output file (pdf).

Can anyone give me some advice, how to use texlive in a similar fasion?

BTW: bibtex has a similar option in Miktex, which does not exists in LiveTex
either.

Thanks a lot
   Peter