[tex-live] TeX Live on usb drive

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:50:31 CET 2009

2009/3/15 cetex at didaskalikos.org <cetex at didaskalikos.org>:
> I was wondering if it
> is possible to translate the contens of the DVD on a usb driver to
> facilitate the installation on the hard disk. I tried to copy them, but this
> doesn't work.

What exactly didn't work? If you just copy the content of the DVD to a
usb stick (or hard drive) you should be able to install from that
copy.

> I ask you: is it possible for the TUG team to prepare an
> installation system for usb-drive?

Do you mean a system that runs from a usb stick or a one that can be
used as installation source? In the former case this is not yet fully
supported. Only the so called "live DVD" mode is supported in TL'08
(should work from usb too). In the later case this should already work
as I said above. Alternatively, you can mirror tlnet/2008 and use that
as installation source as already suggested by Manuel.

Cheers,

Tomek