[tex-live] Missing map file?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 14 16:40:30 CET 2009

Howdy,

We just had a problem report with using the pdfslide package on the
mactex-support list. After getting sample files it turned out that the
problem was that the contnav, compact navigation keys, font, which is
included in TeX Live 2008, doesn't have a separate map file and is
therefore not included in the map files used by pdftex. (The
documentation for the pdfslide package says that a map line should be
added to the hoekwater.map file but that doesn't seem to exist in TeX
Live 2008.)

Attached is a one line map file for that font. Since the file is being
compiled via pdflatex I've given the person a copy of the map file and
a ``jury-rigged'' pdfslide package that adds \pdfmapfile{+contnav.map}
when the [contnav] option to the package is given. I also included
instructions of placement in the personal texmf tree.

I'm not at all sure this is the best way to do this or whether this is
something that needs fixing in TeX Live.