[tex-live] Developer tools

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Mar 10 13:15:48 CET 2009

On Di, 10 Mär 2009, enrico.gregorio at univr.it wrote:
> Yesterday I saw the announcement of a new version of dvisvgm, which appears to be a nice program.
> However I couldn't start the compilation, since TeX Live misses the header files for kpathsea.

Not only the header files, also the library itself.

Does dvisvgm not include its own copy of kpathsea?

> Wouldn't it be possible to make them available? Of course they will be in some non standard place
> (something like /usr/local/texlive/2008/include, maybe), but it's easy to make gcc aware of it.

And, in addition the static library would be needed.

AFAIR we had that some time ago but it was removed, don't remember.

You can get the sources from the DVD or the web, build your own
libkpathsea.a and use the headers for dvisvgm.

Best wishes

Norbert

There are of course many problems connected with life, of
which some of the most popular are `Why are people born?'
Why do they spend so much of the
intervening time wearing digital watches?'
                 --- The Book.