[tex-live] Three problems with milstd.tex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 24 02:56:51 CEST 2009

    > In Tex Live 2008, milstd.tex appears under the "doc" tree:
    >    texmf-dist/doc/latex/logic/milstd.tex

Moved.

    -- tidied the line endings (we do that whenever we spot the problem)
    -- removed the ctrl-z lines

Thanks x 2.

    -- added a .sty link

TL can't use symlinks except in the bin dirs.

The way to fix this is to create milstd.sty that does the \input of
milstd.tex, or just rename the file since it uses \newfont and hence is
a LaTeX file (for no good reason, so it'd be better to use \font and
make it generic ... anyway ...).  In principle this stuff should go back
to the original author, I guess.  I didn't look into whether Rick
Simpson is contactable these days.  Be good to explicitly state the
license, too.

Thanks,
karl