[tex-live] two questions

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 23:34:27 CEST 2009

Jobst Hoffmann <j.hoffmann at fh-aachen.de> wrote:

> 1. at the moment i'm missing the answers-package, which was included in
> texlive 2008. Is this because of the development status of TL 2009 or
> are there other reasons (copyright ... - but compare the copyright of
> textmerg, it is included in TL 2009)?

the copyright of textmerg is indeed more or less the same as that of
answers, but the licence conditions are different.  (this is the case
now, but was not at the time tl2008 first appeared -- i presumably had
some discussion with the author and declared that it was in the public
domain.)  the textmerg catalogue entry now lists me as current author.
i'm not sure what i would do if someone asked me for help with it.

however, answers remains nosell; this turned up in the course of licence
review (we had previously listed it as licence unknown, but the licence
is quite clear from the source).

> 2. I've deleted old mails, so I'm not sure if I'm carrying coals to
> Newcastle: if a package xxx has only a README file as documentation and
> there is a package xxxyyy with a .pdf-file as documentation, texdoc xxx
> shows the xxxyyy.pdf (try texdoc cmap). What can I do to see the README?

dunno about that.

robin