[tex-live] Stop providing a4.sty and a4wide.sty for texlive-2009

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 14:09:21 CEST 2009

Frank Küster <frank at kuesterei.ch> wrote:

> Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > the name a4.sty itself appears [used to appear] once on ctan:
> >   macros/latex209/contrib/misc/a4.sty
> > and i've moved that one (and the corresponding a4wide.sty) to
> > ctan:obsolete.  such a move makes little change to the way people will
> > view the packages, but it does provide a reference point for explaining
> > why those particular files are unreliable.
>
> Couldn't we move those files to a collection obsolete, then?

the 2.09 files, sure; but i didn't think texlive holds them.

there are several a4.sty in texlive; one in ntgclass, and several in
kopka

i wouldn't split ntgclass.

the kopka copies (of whatever they're copies of -- afaict they're not on
ctan) are probably difficult to do away with, without restructuring the
bundle altogether.

there are also sem-a4.sty and tpsem-a4.sty; i don't know what they do,
but given they're in presentation packages, i suspect they're not what
the op was complaining about.

robin