[tex-live] tlmgr --self
uwe.siart at tum.de
Thu Jul 30 14:02:24 CEST 2009
Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:
> Implementing is not the problem, but our idea is that tlmgr update --all
> tries to get as close to the master repository as possible while honoring
> the user's decision to remove some packages.
You're absolutely right. I can see the dilemma.
On the other hand there's no fundamental difference between the decision
to remove a package and the decision not to install a package.
There are three basic reasons for a package might not be installed:
- because it has been unchecked during TL install
- because it has been removed after TL install
- because it has been added to the repository after TL install
Whichever is appropriate a user might want to
- update only packages that are currently installed
- or get the whole lot that is available
That's why I had the idea that tlmgr should offer these two options
regardless of the previous history.
More information about the tex-live