[tex-live] tlmgr revision 14264 (2009-07-15 03:13:04 +0200) and paper size

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 30 13:22:50 CEST 2009

On Do, 30 Jul 2009, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> it first tells me in German, then in English, and finally in German
> again:

That is because some messages are not translated, or cannot be translated.

In fact what is in English are "warnings", the normal messages are in
German.

> 	Strange, more than one paper definiton, using the first one in
> 	/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/xdvi/XDvi
> 	Fertig
>
> Grep tells me:
>
> 	 24:*paper: a4
> 	371:*paper: a4

Hmm, did you play around with tlmgr xdvi paper ... ? Normally it should
happen that the right line is changed, and not a new one added.

> So why is tlmgr complaining?

It doesn't like to see two lines there.

> BTW, do you notice the word "definiton" in tlmgr's output? It should be
> "definition."

Fixed, well spotted, thanks.

Best wishes

Norbert