[tex-live] TexLive 2008: tlmgr not working on Windows

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Jul 22 12:31:42 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Keller a écrit :
> After installing (to the USB stick), this yields:

How did you install? Please be more descriptive about your initial configuration
and your actions, if you actually want your problems solved!

> And this means that now not just tlmgr is not working, but that my entire
> portable TeXLive installation is broken.

Why do you say your entire installation is broken? Again, please be more
descriptive! I can't believe the tlmgr auto-updater "broke' a complete installation.

> Thanks for that.

You're welcome. Thanks for your precise reports and your generally so helpful
and nice attitude, while we're at it.

> Did I mention yet that I _love_ "installers" that wreak havoc to working systems?

Really? Did we mention we never test our installers before release since it's
our pleasure to break people's installations?