[tex-live] Error from tlmgr

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 21 23:42:58 CEST 2009

Hi Dan,

    >>    [C:\work\texlive]tlmgr update --list
    >>    DEBUG: writing out tlpdb to
    >>    C:/TL/2009/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.1da130f6b262e086f5ada9e8e64d925a

I changed that unconditional print to call debug.

    >>    Can't call method "revision" on an undefined value at
    >>    C:\TL\2009\texmf\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl line 1612.

It's trying to remove a package that doesn't exist in your tlpdb,
as far as I can see.  Perhaps it's related to the collection changes I
made recently.

As a first step, I added another debug statement which should tell us
which package is failing.  Please try getting tlmgr.pl from svn
(http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl?view=log)
put it in place and send me the result of tlmgr -vv update --list (which
may be voluminous).

Thanks for the report.

karl